Friday, January 31, 2014

Five For (Thank Goodness It's) Friday!


I am beyond glad that I finally made it to Friday evening! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for



I have a new student teacher and she is basically AMAZING! She is only with me two days a week this semester, but just having that extra pair of hands, eyes, and ears makes all the difference in the world on those two days. The kiddos love her and she has just jumped right in, which I appreciate so much.
         

Money, money, money! All week long we have been absorbed in learning to count those coins! I am pretty darn proud at how well they've done so far. We used the Big Money unit by The Teaching Twosome and the kids have had such a blast!
My principal observed me this week and I wasn't even nervous! We have a new evaluation system here in NM and we are observed several times a year. Our principal has to enter scores on the teacher competencies and then uploads evidence she observed into the site which we also use to upload lesson plans, "artifacts" and commentary about our lessons. I think the observation went well and I am so happy to have that off my back for a couple of months. Whew!
We are all about polar bears as we hit up all our ELA standards the next few weeks. My little darlings just adored studying penguins during our last unit so I decided to carry on with the cold weather animals. It is just so much easier to sneak in some extra science this way. To transition, we did a Venn diagram on the Promethean Board comparing penguins and polar bears. One little guy really loved my glitter!
My car hit 100,000 miles this past week! I was with my sister and made her take a picture while I drove on the freeway. I'm pretty sure 80% of those miles were soccer related: 4-6 out of state tournaments a year, 4-6 practices a week and 3 games a weekend (not to mention random team meetings, dinners, and parties) for the past 5 years. I'll sure miss those days when my girls are in college, but I won't miss putting in the miles on my car.
That's all for now! I'm going to cuddle up in my favorite PJs, make a cup of tea and watch something mindless on TV. Have a wonderful weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for student teachers! I got one this week. She is with me all week, and for 6 more weeks. I was super surprised how much we got done. Have fun with your student teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete