Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Currently: Trick or Treat?

Yes, it's that time again (already!)! My favorite linky is here and I'm a day late to the party, but better late than never! Click on the button to check out everyone's posts too.

I love the theme for this month's Currently, but I probably say that every month. Here goes:
Listening:
It's a Thursday and I took the day off to get to some appointments, but I have a little time this morning to get blogging! My hubs is usually off to work by now too, but he's giving himself a late start. I hate watching the news for a variety of reasons so I'm trying my best to block it out. Grrrr

Loving:
I'm using Whole Brain Teaching this year and I just love the results. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a magic bullet. It takes a ton of energy on the teacher's part, but the outcome is so worth it. I'm team teaching so we need to have consistency between our two classes and WBT allows for consistency while allowing you to maintain your personality.


Thinking:
As always...

Wanting:
My daughter's senior year in HS is zipping by way too fast! She's not my little baby anymore and every time I think of her leaving the nest I get choked up. I know she needs to spread her wings and fly, but I'd like to slow down this last year just a bit. 

Needing: 
Homecoming is this weekend and with two daughters in HS, and the hair and makeup will be flying! There are also a few friends coming over to get ready with us so it's making me worry that I don't have enough hairspray! Does Costco sell a 2 gallon size?

Trick or Treat???
Treat! You can grab my new Spooky Subtraction task cards set for free! Leave me some feedback love if you can! 


1 comment:

  1. We are both off today! Lazy teachers we are! Haha! I am also loving that at this time of the year, my class is shaping up :) I hadn't acknowledged that yet this year, and I should!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete