Friday, October 2, 2015

October Currently

I am so beyond glad it's Friday people! This week was crazy! The kids were great but my mountain of tasks avalanched right around Tuesday and I've been digging out ever since. Anyway, this morning I realized I forgot all about my favorite linky!!! I jumped out of bed (not really) and tied up my hair in a messy bun, threw on jeans and a school t-shirt and ran (again, not really) to my laptop to get on board with Farley and her fab Currently linky.


Listening: I just love listening to the Bobby Bones show every morning. It is just so full of happy/goodness/positivity and life affirming awesomeness. Plus I love country music.

Loving: Like I said above...

Thinking: This week was the kind of week that I just couldn't catch up. I decided to put each task on a mini sticky note with the due date and arrange them on my usual hand written weekly to do list. It worked great because I got to triumphantly throw away the stickies of items I finished and move stickies around as other, more pressing, tasks came up.

Wanting: My baby is a college girl now and I got to talk with her on the phone last night while her team was traveling to Denver on the bus. She sounds so great but it made me want to drive to Denver just to get a big ol' hug from her. I miss her like crazy...

Needing: Fall break is next Thursday and Friday and I seriously CAN NOT WAIT!! Thursday I have a lasik consultation and Friday I get to do whatever I want!! I've got some great ideas for new products swirling around in my head. The inspiration is there, just not the time.

Boo-tiful: Of course the most boo-tiful things in my world are my girls. Can you tell I'm a proud mama?


9 comments:

  1. Hope you make it through today and get to enjoy your weekend! So glad you have fall break to look forward to as well! Hope you enjoy it and get lots of rest!
    Katie
    Inquiring Our Way Through Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so pretty! Hope you get to enjoy your fall break and maybe even see your daughter. I dread the day when I have to see my boys off to college. Thank God it's still far away!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Watch out, it comes up quicker than you think!

      Delete
  3. Hi Suzy! I enjoyed reading your post. Your girls are beautiful! I have a while before my little man heads off to college. When that time comes, I'm sure I'll be missing him like you miss your girl. Enjoy your Fall break!
    Antoinette :)
    Shoelaces and Sugar Cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antoinette! Enjoy your little man before he becomes a big man!!!

      Delete
  4. Fall break? We don't get that until the week of Thanksgiving. I'm jealous. I have one of those weeks next week where I know I won't be able to catch up and no amount of trying to get ahead this week is helping. I might try your post it note idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep telling myself to do what I can and try to be efficient. I hope you get through your week and get a chance to catch up. Have a great weekend!

      Delete