Saturday, November 16, 2013

First Sale on Teachers Pay Teachers

I was so excited to get an email from TPT today saying that I sold an item! Even though it is a very small product and is priced low, it is still exciting. I actually convinced the hubby to take a peek at my store and he thought it was cool, and especially liked my profile picture (gag!), which is just my most recent school picture. I do admit that I look fairly rested and tan in that picture (it was taken before kids started in August) and sadly, it is the best I had to work with.

School this week was crazy. I swear the full moon had something to do with the little darlings being no so darling Friday afternoon. I have loads of work to do this weekend including grading, lesson plans, and maybe prepping to write report cards. My daughters are both playing in a soccer tournament this weekend so I have 8 games to attend and somehow get laundry done. Forget cleaning anything in my house. I toted my little bag of papers to the soccer field to grade during warm ups but only made a tiny dent. It was too windy to keep any of the papers down, so I gave up. Now, what am I doing? Blogging.

Even though being a teacher is an all consuming career, I still love it. I love those precious moments when the light bulb turns on for a kid. I still get excited every August for the new batch of darlings to show up. I continue to get a thrill when planning a really cool lesson or unit. I can't see myself doing anything else. Now, I better get to playing teacher to my 8th grader and helping her out with her Algebra. So. Much. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment