Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunshine Award

I got nominated by Amy at Albuquerque Amy's First Graders for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Here are the rules: 
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

Here goes my randomness:
1. I have been playing soccer since first grade.
2. I love daffodils.
3. I'm obsessed with salted caramel anything.
4. I love coffee and tea, sweetened and with cream.
5. I have attended three different universities (NMSU, UNLV, UNM) but all my degrees are from UNM.
6. I would wear flip flops everyday if I could.
7. I hate snow.
8. I'm a good cook, but a not so good baker.
9. I've been on 5 cruises and wish I could go on one a year.
10. I'm an early bird.
11. My dog has at least 20 nicknames.

Now for Amy's questions:
1. If was it was your birthday and you could do ANYTHING you want, what would it be? I would go on a Hawaiian cruise. See random fact #9
2. What’s your #1 favorite book? The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
3. If you could play any sport, what could it be? I've always wanted to try Roller Derby. I think I'll settle for coed rec soccer, though.
4. Could you not watch TV for one month? If I had enough books and internet I could.
5. Who is your biggest role model in life? My parents because they taught me to work hard and try to be the best at whatever I do.
6. What are your nicknames? My husband calls me Princess and my sister calls me Squeesties but most people call me Suzy or Suz.
7. What did you want to do with your life when you were 7? I wanted to be an archaeologist. My grandfather had a subscription to National Geographic and I always loved the issues with archaeology. The problem is that I don't like to get dirty. Or go without plumbing.
8. If you could have ANY superpower, what would it be? I would like to be able to fly so I can get places faster. 
9. If you had to wear pants or a dress for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Pants for sure. Things could get awkward if I had to play soccer in a dress. 
10. Why do you think there are SO many women teacher bloggers but not a lot of men? Women don't mind sharing their thoughts. Many men have trouble with this concept. 
11. What or who made you want to teach or work with children? I have always loved school and would play teacher with my little sisters. I used to hang around after school and help my teachers. I just love to spread the joy of learning.

Now for my Sunshine Blogger Nominees (I'm sorry if you've already been nominated):
4. Appsolutely April (a great tech blog)


And now for my questions:
1. What is your favorite meal?
2. What is your favorite vacation?
3. What is your best childhood memory?
4. What was your favorite toy/game as a child?
5. What do you think you'll be doing in 20 years?
6.What is your biggest fear?
7. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
8. What is one thing you wish you could have a "do-over" on?
9. What is your ideal day off from work/chores/etc.?
10. What would you do with $1,000,000?
11. What is your favorite flower?

2 comments:

  1. Fun getting to know you! Roller Derby? Wow, that would be wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine a teacher roller derby team??

      Delete