Monday, January 26, 2015

Movie Clip Monday Linky

I don't know about you, but I love reinforcing the concepts that I teach with video clips. I even have a Pinterest Board dedicated to collecting videos for my classroom called Educational Videos.

That's why I'm also excited to be linking up with the Techie Turtle Teacher for a fun new linky party called Movie Clip Monday!
Before I share my video with you, did you know that there is a way to show a video from YouTube to your class without worrying about ads, questionable popups or other "junk" you just don't want your kiddos to see? It's called safeshare.tv and it couldn't be easier to use. Just copy the link of the video you want from YouTube and paste it into the safeshare box and it will make a new link to the video that you can use to safely share the video. 
I put this adorable penguin video on safeshare for my class since we're studying penguins this month.
Cool Cute Chicks! - Amazing Animal Babies: Emperor Penguin Chicks (Ep 5) - Earth Unplugged

I love this video for two reasons: it is highly engaging visually and gives great kid-friendly information. 
Do you have a great video that you want to share? Link up with the Techie Turtle Teacher by following the directions below!! 

1. Find a video that you'd like to share with your readers.2. Download the Movie Clip Monday graphic above by right clicking to save as. Save your picture in a convenient place for you.3. Write about your video and include the Movie Clip Monday graphic with a link to this post.4. Come back to this post to add your link to the linky. 5. Visit other blogs and leave comments for someone who linked up before you and come back to leave a comment for someone who linked up after you!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking up with me this week! I love the penguin video. We're starting our winter unit this week (was supposed to be today, but we had a snow day) and I can definitely find a way to tie this in to my lessons.

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete