1. I get bored easily so I like to change things up quite often. Don't get me wrong, I live and die by my classroom routines and procedures. My classroom runs like a well oiled machine (by about October), which frees up my creative side to bring in fun lessons, activities, games, centers, and new things to keep the kids on their toes.
2. I'll try just about anything techy. I just spent two days at a tech PD last week and I have a few more planned for the summer.
3. I'm so lucky to be team teaching with 2 amazing coworkers this year and I will only have to teach math this year! Woohoo! I love teaching math because even though there is usually only one correct answer, I love teaching different ways to get there. I didn't love math growing up (I'd rather read), but now I prefer to teach it over any other subject.
1. This overlaps with the teacher in me. I have trouble just sitting still and doing nothing. I must have something to do, read, or think about. My mind is constantly 3 steps ahead of what I'm currently doing, which can cause me to be somewhat impatient with myself and others. I can't stand to not feel productive and get things done. I can relax, but it is only when I'm reading.
2. I know most people don't like to clean, but I really really really hate it. The problem is that I like living in a clean house. Disorganization drives me crazy. I just don't want to be the one to do the actual cleaning. When my kids were very young I taught them how to do many chores around the house and now we clean the house as a team. All of us just work really hard for a couple of hours on a Sunday and get it done. I feel much better if I'm not the only one cleaning. It also helps if I have some good 80's music blasting on Pandora.
Are you ready to link up? Here's what you'll do:
1. Visit Primarily Speaking for the blank templates.
2. Fill them in accordingly.
3. Link up!