Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Currently

Yippee for April! I'm sooooo ready for Spring Break to start. Just 9 more days of school.
I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her April Currently. I was thinking about doing the post after school, but lucky me, I'm up at 3:30 AM because of allergies! If I can't sleep, I may as well get working!
It is well before the time anyone who has to teach 24 second graders should be up, but I do enjoy the silence. Yesterday (3/31) was my birthday and I had such an awesome weekend and day that I really can't complain about being one year closer to the big 40. I had a fab dinner out with my family on Saturday, my sweet hubs and girls cleaned the whole house on Sunday while I was at my soccer game, and then my amazing colleagues and sister (also my colleague) organized a lunch for me, complete with homemade chocolate cupcakes! My students were so cute and I love the cards they wrote for me, especially this little gem:
 
 
 
Can you tell we've been studying land forms? Don't you just love it when they show what they've learned in a completely unsolicitated and natural way?
 
I can't live without my to do list app, but I'm afraid it is going to malfunction if I put anything else on it. This explains the "needing" section. I know it is a common theme among teachers about not having enough time, but I'm really feeling the crunch this week. My grade level is giving a PD at our staff meeting Wednesday morning, our school carnival is Friday, and I have a billion meetings to attend. Our school will be getting a complete makeover over the next five years and I'm on the building committee. We're taking a "field trip" on Wednesday to see some newer schools so we can get some ideas. This, of course, means I have to also do sub plans. Gag.
 
Finally, our school hours are so long because the students leave early on Wednesdays so we can have time to collaborate and get our prep in. It makes for a very long day, especially if you factor in how late we start! I am an early bird and get to school at least an hour before the bell rings and stay at least 90 minutes after school gets out. I'm so glad our last day of school is May 22!!! I can't wait for summer break! Have a great week everyone!
 
Hey! I just realized that I can cross something off my to do list!

5 comments:

  1. I had a 'list crossing' day today too! Was so nice to find your blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy!

    I popped over to visit you from the linky and I am your newest follower. :)

    I love early morning silence, too... but 3:30am might be a little too early for me! Glad you had a lovely birthday, it's always nice to feel spoiled and special to celebrate turning a year older.

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you got some sleep!

    This is why I LOVE Farley's Currently! I love finding new people to follow - so here I am! Your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm following you back! Farley's Currently is my favorite linky!

      Delete