Friday, April 18, 2014

Five for Friday--Spring Break Style

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!
I've had a very nice (but kinda busy) spring break. Here are a few highlights:

First off, my hubs and I decided that our patio furniture cushions were getting kinda yucky so we started the search for replacements. We are blessed to live on the golf course right by the pond so we actually see water here in NM. When people come over they are surprised that there is actually water here.

We love hanging out on our covered patio so we felt that buying new cushions would be worth the investment. I'm telling you, we went everywhere! Nothing really struck my fancy until we got to (believe it or not) Walmart. I actually never shop there, but it was right next to Home Depot so my sweet hubby dragged me over there. I'm the kind of girl that can't explain what I want but I know it when I see it. Sadly, we had to go to three different Walmarts to find the cushions I liked and I'm still one short.


 
Last summer I cut 11 inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I really enjoyed my short hair but decided to try to grow it out again. I just couldn't deal with it anymore so I cut it off again.
 
I was also really looking forward to having a couple of lunch dates with dear friends this week. That is one of the best things about spring break: eating lunch slowly instead of shoveling it in as fast as you can so you can still get to the potty and maybe even make a last minute copy of something before your 29 minutes is up.
 
I did get some work done too! I have been working on some multiplication task cards with QR codes (check them out in my TPT store). It is really nice to actually have the time to work on something when inspiration hits. I also started some cutesy task card sets but haven't figured out what to put on them yet. I bought this awesome product to get me organized by Shroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and it has really helped nail down some of my ideas that are usually swirling in my head.

 
 
 
I've been so busy this week and it was brought to my attention (by my sweet hubby) that I haven't really done anything special with the girls. They are busy teenagers but still want to hang with their mom so I'm going to take them to a movie this evening and finally see Divergent.









I can't believe it is already Friday. Boo hoo! My spring break is almost over but we only have 4.5 weeks left! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can read the directions for the award on my blog. Congrats!

    Katherine
    The Lesson Chef

    ReplyDelete