Monday, June 23, 2014

A Splash of Color: Turquoise

I'm linking up with my sweet friend Melissa at A Teaspoon of Teaching for her Splash of Color Linky Party.
Each day you get to post fun things that you love in a certain color. I'm always asked by my 2nd graders about my favorite color. I don't really have a signature or favorite color, it just depends on my mood. This linky is perfect for me because I love all the colors.
Today I'm going to feature all things turquoise. Living in the Southwest makes it easy to find cute turquoise jewelry, but I love to add turquoise clothing to my wardrobe. I rarely dress up but if I did, I'd love a dress like this.
 I'm pretty casual and my jeans are my unofficial uniform. These accents make the jeans look a little nicer.
Next up, some items for the home. I have a very neutral palette in my home so adding a pop of color is easy.

I don't know of any naturally occurring turquoise foods, but prepping anything would be more fun with one of these (this is really on my wishlist so I can make homemade pasta).
 I also love both of these room themes! Turquoise and black is a great combo.
by Shannon Allison

by Bright Concepts for Teachers
That's all for today. Make sure to check back on Melissa's blog for more colorful fun all week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you did turquoise! Thanks so much for linking up today and sharing something from your store. I love all of your favorites, especially the dress and both of the turquoise and black classroom decor. I'm thinking of including turquoise in my color scheme this year. Hope you have a great week. Thanks again, love ya! XO

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete