Friday, May 2, 2014

May Currently

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her May Currently.
First off, I L-O-V-E the pretty Currently this month. It makes me so excited for summer! Well, here goes:

Listening: I almost always listen to country music on Pandora and I really do like Thomas Rhett. He's not too bad to stare at when I'm supposed to be working.

Loving: I have applied for at least 6 grants to get more iPads in my class. I had actually given up when I got the news that I'd finally won! I'm in the process of ordering a dozen iPad Minis and can't wait to get them!!!

Thinking: I have summer brain. 'Nuff said, am I right?

Wanting: This week I administered district reading tests (those are done and scored) math tests (need to be scored) and a Geometry unit test (need to be scored). Today was also the due date for a huge book report project the kids had to do at home, which need to be scored. Monday is our Play Day so I should be able to get some of it done then, but I also need to work on my cumulative folder comments and get all my grading done so I can start on report cards. Yikes! 14 more days!

Needing: Obviously...I'm not getting one. We have state cup soccer, 8th grade formal dress shopping, the one year anniversary of my grandpa's passing, a ton of family in town, and a very dirty house. Should I even bring my school work home??? 

Surprise: I HIGHLY recommend checking out this awesome tech blog by April Requard called Appsolutely April. She is so inspiring to me and has graciously offered to help me set up my iPads when I get them. She has really great information on using technology with elementary students. Check it out! All her posts are great and often give step by step instructions with visuals! I especially love the post on Keyboarding.



5 comments:

  1. So jealous of your grant for technology but very happy for you!! I've been slowly adding to the very minimal technology in my classroom through DonorsChoose. Congrats! :)
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning some iPads for your classroom! Very lucky! Have a great weekend - I'm sorry it's not a long weekend for you to catch up!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I love the video you posted! What a great way to teach the children! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your grant! I would love to have some iPads in my room. We have two netbook carts to share with ten classes. Enjoy your weekend!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had that kind of technology at my school! I love your little furry assistant...I have one named Rosco!

    ReplyDelete