Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer Reading List Linky Party

I'm joining The Hands-On Teacher in First for a fun linky party to share the books I'm planning to read this summer. I don't usually read for fun during the school year (except for breaks) so summer time is my time to catch up on all the novels I've been wanting to read. I usually get recommendations from friends and do a little "window shopping" at book stores to determine my list. Then I run home and see what is available on my library's site so I can start reserving them. Many of the popular books are on wait lists, so I request those right away. Then I choose some of the lesser known books to read first. I also borrow books from friends and family. This is the book I started today:
This one is up next (since it's due back soon):
My youngest daughter is obsessed with the Divergent Trilogy. I read the first book over winter break and then we saw the movie. I can't wait to start reading the next two (borrowed from my sis):

This book is one that my dear friend has recommended to me a few times. I didn't have time to read it last summer, but I hear it is a great book:
I actually listen to audio books in the car on the way to and from school and listened to both The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns (recommended by my older daughter) this spring. They were both beautifully heartbreaking and I was so excited to see there is another book by Khaled Hosseini:
The next two just looked interesting as I was strolling through Costco one day:


As you can see, I have very eclectic tastes. Sometimes I'll have several stories going at a time and will read what suits my mood. I hope I actually get to all these books this summer! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment